Ten Days Post-op and I Wish Breasts Were Larger - Why Wouldn't Doctor Use Larger Implants?

Igot breast augmentayion surgery done ten days ago. i wish they were larger. My plastic surgeon says he could not have filled it more because the skin over my breasts are too tight. It doesnot make any sence to me. Iasked him if he couldput in abigger implant one year later he said may be when your muscles are more streched.Iwold like to get bigger implants.Ihave 216cc in left breast and 260 in right. I would have 300 ccs implanted.

Wishing LARGER Breast Implants were put in..

+2

Regarding: "...Igot breast augmentayion surgery done ten days ago. i wish they were larger. My plastic surgeon says he could not have filled it more because the skin over my breasts are too tight. It doesnot make any sence to me. Iasked him if he couldput in abigger implant one year later he said may be when your muscles are more streched.Iwold like to get bigger implants"

Regarding - "My plastic surgeon says he could not have filled it more because the skin over my breasts are too tight. It doesnot make any sence to me." Allow me to try and explain.

Breast Augmentation is NOT an all you can shove in contest NOR is it like buying a pair of shoes where you can repeatedly exchange them until you get the ones you really like.

The attractiveness of the augmented breast is determined by:
-picking an implant that can sit on the front flat part of your chest (some women have narrower plateaus than others- if the implant is too big - wide it will fall off to the sides and do battle with your arms as they come forward).
- that can be COVERED by your breast tissue and muscle tissue (if the implant is too big to be covered ALL its ripples will be seen and felt)

Even if you and your surgeon foolishly choose to disregard these concepts, there are physical limitations that will control how large of an implant can be placed into one woman's breast. Just like an elephant cannot fit into a phone booth on an airplane seat, neither can an 800 cc implant be put into many of the women who foolishly want them. When the breast skin becomes tense and shiny the amount of blood flowing through it falls. With low blood supply due to tension, a portion of the skin will die and the ulcer will then expose the implant leading to infection and having to remove it. Reconstructing such a breast NEVER looks attractive.

Finally, if the pressure does not kill the skin, it will slowly kill the breast tissue leading to a skin only coverage of the implant with every ripple of the implant seen through the skin.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Aldea

Many factors go into choosing the right implant size.

+1

It depends on the size you started with before your surgery.  You can't go too big from a very small breast size.  Many factors go into choosing the right breast implant size.  You can always go bigger in the future.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Implant choices

+1

If you are unhappy with the final size that you are, you can always get it revised down the road. You should wait a few months.

Breast Implant Size Choice

+1

Many different factors go into choosing a breast implant size.  Perhaps the most important of these, however, is your anatomy.  Breast base width, amount of ptosis (or sag), and the amount of breast tissue are among the important pre-operative measurements.  With these measurements, your surgeon can recommend an implant style and size and then tailor the final decision based on your desires.  All in all, yes you can go bigger after your skin has stretched to accommodate the new implants, but strongly consider that decision before you make it.

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Wanting larger implants after augmentation

+1

This is a common question after breast augmentation. Implant size is related to your anatomy - the width of your breast, the volume of your natural breast, the thickness of the skin, and ability of your breast to "hold" an implant. Attempting to place implants that are larger than what your body can handle is a bad decision. It can lead to stretch marks on the breasts, sagging of the implants, thinning of the breast tissue and skin, and reoperation for these problems.

At 10 days out from surgery, you are still adjusting to your new breast size. Give it time. If after 6 months or a year, you still feel the same way, the implants can be exchanged for larger ones. This also gives your body time to recuperate from the initial surgery and for the breast tissue to adjust to the current implants.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Natural Breast Dimensions Dictate Implant Size

+1

Unfortunately, many women are in the same situation.  There is often a limit on the size that you can go to because the tissues can only stretch a certain amount at each setting.  If you try and push it past the natural dimensions of your breast tissue, then you run the risk of stretching too much and thinning the tissues, as well as possibly not being able to close the incisions.   Once you let everything settle and stretch, you can often go with a larger size in the future.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon