Do “muscular” Women Face Size Restrictions and How Do the Tight Muscles Affect the Final Result of a BA?

I'm 5’3’’,105 lbs(waist 23.6in-hips 34in),quite muscular and lean wearing pre-op 32A bra.11 days after the BA and I still wonder if the choice and placing (under the muscle) of the implants were good for me. I expressed the desire to have a result of a full 32C “natural looking” breasts. My PS ended up to use Allergan 230 gr (10.9cm base,3.6cm projection) implants, claiming it was the max she could use (given my breast width11cm). I’d like to ask you why such implant size restrictions?

Size Limitation With Breast Implants

+1

Many factors are to be considered when dealing with restrictions of the breast implants size such as the anatomy of your chest, the laxity of your skin, the musculature of your pectoralis muscle, etc.

Without physical examination, it is hard to provide you with a definitive opinion about your case.

If the surgeon exceeds the natural limitations of your body, you will be at high risks of post-operative complication.

I encourage you to communicate with your surgeon since she is the one with the full details of your surgery.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Limitations on Breast Implant Size

+1

There are limitations due to the patient's body type, chest wall, etc..  Safety is always the first concern and sometimes the patient's "goals" are not achievable in 1 surgery.  With time, things will heal and relax and there may be more "laxity" and therefore it may be possible to perform revision surgery to increase the size if you so choose to.

Best to communicate clearly with your surgeon and I prefer using photos during the conversation so that I understand the patients' goals clearly.

Implant size limits

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say why you might have restrictions.  But there are limitations to the size in very small breasted women with tight skin envelopes and narrow chests.

Size Limits

+1

It is understandable to want to select an ideal implant size such as a 'C' cup. However bear in mind that there is no direct correlation between a given implant volume, projection and base dimension and cup size. In addition, factors that you have described such as an athletic build, strong  musculature and tight skin all play into your surgeon's ability to place an implant during surgery. As time goes on after your recovery, the tissue envelope will stretch and loosen; this may accommodate a larger implant in the future if you decide to ultimately change your implant size or style.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and breast augmentation

+1

You have a good question. The implant choice depends on several factors, most imprortantly is what you breast can accommodate based on breast measurement. It also depends on what you desire. The decision to choose an implant before surgery should be done after full examination and evaluating what you want and seeing before and after photos.  

Moneer Jaibaji, MD