Muscular Distortion and Fold in Areola When Flexing? (photo)

I have had 2 BAs. My 1st was submuscular w/saline (went from a B cup to a C cup). The left pocket was much higher than my right side. Also, the areola on my right side would crease everytime I would even inadvertantly use the muscle. I had the same surgeon w/ saline unders but went a cup side bigger (D). I am happy with the size now, but I am unhappy because I have an even more distinct crease in both areolas. I do not want the creasing as it is very unsightly. What options do I have?

Muscular Distortion in Breast

+1

The incision scarred to the muscle itself, therefore, when the muscle contraats it pulls down the areola. Sometimes one ahs to go back and release the scar tissue and place some fat grafting between it so it does not re-scar in the same place.

Areolar fold after breast augmentation

+1

In short something is stuck. The scar is tethered to the deeper tissue and often will soften and give with massage, however if necessary the closure might have to be revised and the scar released.

Fold in areola with muscle use

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. You have animation deformity of the right breast. What happens is the capsule is attached the inferior edge of the muscle and to the areola, so every time the muscle moves it will pull on the areola creating a noticabel crease. So what are your option, messaging the breast may soften the scar and reduce the deformity. The most definitive answer is to transfer the implant from sub muscular to sub glandular position. This will eliminate this deformity.  

Moneer Jaibaji, MD