If Muscles Were Tightened from the Ribcage Down, Which Did I Have a Mini or a Full Tt?

Im confused upon reading on this site. I had a mini tt but doctor told me he tightened my muscles from up high by the ribcage and all the way down. He said they were very lax, he tightened them 3 times over. Im not sure what this means. My scar is not bad like a full tummy tuck and my belly button was pulled down quite a bit, which is fine bc Im 5'9", long waisted and my belly button was really high before. Seems like this site explains that a mini tt is only tightening of muscles bb

Difference between mini and full tummy tuck is belly button

+1

Thank you for the question.  Full abdominal wall muscle tightening can be performed with a mini tummy tuck.  The main difference between a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck is the belly button.  A mini tummy tuck will not rejuvenate the belly button while a full tummy tuck does address the area.

Dr Remus Repta

Full Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck treats minor pouching out of the lower belly caused by stretching of the lower abdominal muscles, and requires a shirter incision. A full tummy tuck typically requires a hip to hip incision along with muscle titghtening above and below the belly button. If you had your muscles tightened you recieved a full tummy tuck.

Gloria J. Thomas, MD

+1

It sounds like what you had was what I cal the "Maxi-Mini" tummy tuck where the scar is about as long as a full, and I disconnect the belly button from underneath, lift the tummy skin all the way up, tighten the muscles all the way up, like it sounds like you had) and then suture the belly button back down to the tummy wall, but just a bit lower. Some doctors call this a Belly Button float, others a BB slide, others a "Hybrid". But as always, check with your doctor...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Difference between Full and Mini Tummy tuck?

+1

A lot of the difference depends on your surgeon. If you need a full plication it can be done thru a mini incision if you do not have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will plicate your abdomen as needed and some women do not need the full plication if they are only undergoing a mini tummy. A Full Tummy tuck usually indicates a full plication. A small but subtle difference! Good luck in your recovery!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon