11s Are Looking Worse 3 Days After Botox, Will It Improve?

I had Botox injections 3 days ago above eyebrows and 11 lines. My outer eyebrows lifted in about 24 hours while my 11 lines seem worse. I was wondering if there is still time for the 11 lines to get better and maybe lift the inner eyebrow? It seems as if under my inner eyebrow is puffy and is lower making the outer brow seem higher. Should I go back in now or wait a week or so?

Please try to wait one to two weeks before revising botox

+2

Although you may be very unhappy with your appearance, it is best to wait two weeks to let the botox have full onset of action so that the secondary treatment will have the best chance to give you the best result. If your appearance becomes so unusual then by all means contact your doctor for a follow up appointment and possible conservative revision which may involve more botox in areas where adjacent muscles have overcompensated with contraction.

Botox

+2

Before you get worried, I would give the Botox a full week or more to kick into action.  Be patient with this.

Botox - How long before final results?

+2

Wait for at least 10 days. Typically there will little to no improvement after that time. If this was a new caregiver for you then make sure you understand what dose of Botox is being given and that he understood what your goals were. With the right dose and the appropriate placement - Botox results should usually be excellent. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Looking worse after tx

+2

If you feel that you are looking worse after 3 days, then maybe the right amount of neurotoxin was not used. You will be able to evaluate the full effects in 10days after treatment, so waiting is recommended. If you are not happy at this point then go back to your injecting physician with your concerns.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

You will not see your final result only 3 days after your Botox treatment.

+2

Sit tight for another four or five days, and your result should continue to improve. If you're not happy ten days after your treatment, you should visit your doctor for evaluation and possible dose-adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Results

+2

Just a few days after your injections, there is still time for the injected Botox to work.  If you do not see improvement, you may need more injected in your Glabella (your 11's).  If this is your first time having Botox, then the dose you need has not just been determined.  If they do add more Botox to achieve the full effect, then the next time, you should have the total dose delivered at the first visit.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox -how long does it take to see final results

+2

Effect of Botulotoxin builds up from 24hrs to 2 weeks. After that period most doctors advise to attend for a follow up.

Botulotoxin used in aesthetic medicine to relax some groups of muscles which are responsible for muscle related wrinkles while leaving opposing group of muscles intact. These gives the patient smother skin and an up-lifted look. The latter is because the muscles which have been left intact pull the area upwards, like for example in case of eyebrows. If outer end of brows is too high (spooky eyebrows) it can be slightly relaxed by weakening the muscle on the forehead which pulls it up.

'Frown' area sometimes can llok a bit puffy especially in the mornings during the first few weeks after BTA use, it tends to impove on its own.

Ask your doctor to review you and if necessary to make a few adjustments.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

So, more time can be helpful.

+2

However, if you get treatment that makes you look worse rather than better, you are probably going to the wrong place for service.  Depending on the precise treatment pattern, it is possible for a BOTOX service to make these lines look worse.  Since our memory is not exact, I recommend getting after photos with your injecting physicians and having the before and after images compared on the computer to understand the treatment effect.

Botox and time frame to see results

+2

Botox will sometimes take up to two weeks to see results.  I would definetely call the doctor who did the injection to schedule a follow up in about a week.  Lana Long, M.D.

Lana Long, MD
Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, give it time

+2

Assuming you saw a qualified Botox injector and the proper number of units was used in the appropriate muscles, wait the full 2 weeks for the Botox to take full effect.  The 11 lines may still improve over the next few days as it was only 3 days ago you were treated.  If they are still deep after the Botox has taken full effect, filler may be another option you can discuss with your doctor on your follow-up appointment. 

Christine Malcolm, MD
Alberta Dermatologic Surgeon