Muscle Weakness After Subcision?

I had subcision yesterday. After the surgery, my left side of my face was numb while my right side was normal. Everything eventually went back to normal after several hours except my left eyebrow. I have very limited mobility. My doctor thinks this is because he may have injected the anesthetic directly into the nerve or may have damaged it. He says that since I still have some movement, I should expect full range of motion. Thoughts?

Muscle Weakness After Subcision?

+1

Thank you for your question. It is possible to injure a nerve during injections. This is a temporary side effect. Give it time to heal, try some facial exercises to strengthen the muscle, and return for a follow up if you have any other side effects. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Muscle weakness after subcision

+1

I would agree that it would be likely that the movement in your left eyebrow will fully return after the subcision you had.  It is most likely due to the anesthetic used for the procedure and I'm assuming that the surgery was not done around the eyebrow itself.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon