Muscle Tighten from Tummy Tuck? My Tummy Never Went Flat?

What happens if your muscles not tighten tight doing a tummy tuck? My tummy never went flat. How much is it to repair the muscles. Will I have to get a full tummy tuck all over? The top part of my stomach is very big.

Tummy not tight post tummy tuck

+1

I would go back to your original surgeon and see if he tightened your muscles. Perhaps the sutures came apart.  That is what I would do. You could have the muscles tightened as an outpatient without doing the whole procedure over.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Upper bulge after tummy tuck

+1

Dear Polk Girl,

It is hard to speculate without a photograph and physical examination.

Generally, to have a "flat" tummy requires the application of a certain tension to tighten the abdominal muscles.

That said, it is possible that not enough tension has been applied or a suture dehiscence could have taken place right after surgery.

As a revision, a surgical approach is usually required. Nonetheless, I encourage to communicate with your surgeon as he can explain to you what was performed during the surgery.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Tummy not flat after abdominoplasty

+1

If the muscles weren't tightened all the way up to the ribcage you may have an upper bulge that won't go away without more surgery.  Pictures would help, but it sounds as though you should go back to your surgeon and confirm what was done.  If the muscle at the top was not treated there is no other option except going back in.....

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Muscle Tightening with Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

Your plastic surgeon can go back in and tighten the muscles if it wasn't done the first time. I tighten muscles and remove excess skin at the same time. I think if you are looking for more definite answers you should upload of a picture so your tummy for proper assessment. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD