Would Muscle Repair Be Considered a Revision if It Wasnt Done During The First Surgery? (photo)

Since I found out my dr didnt do a muscle repair, could having him do a mr be considered a revision? I paid for a full abdominalplasty and signed his paperwork saying it would be done, would I be wrong to ask for such a revision? He said another dr that would do another tummy tuck on me would be scamming me out of money? Are two tummy tucks possible? I look pregnant!! Expected more for the price I paid.

It depends upon what you mean in the word revision....

+2

Now I sound like Bill Clinton....lol. The question I think you are trying to ask is should your original surgeon ask you to pay for additional surgery. It probably revolves around what you paid the first time. If you were done at bargain basement rates I doubt you will get him to do it again for nothing. Some surgeons do not do muscular repairs with their tummy tucks all the time. Then again they get more unhappy patients in the mix.

I do hope you are able to get your operation fixed to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

No.

+2

If you paid for abdominoplasty including the muscle repair and you didn't get it, then you are the

one who is getting scammed.  This is not a revision.  It is the completion of the original operation.

Another surgeon is rightfully going to charge you.  Your original surgeon should not charge you.

I would investigate the original surgeon.  He may not know what he is doing.  A good surgeon

should be able to do a second tummy tuck.

Good luck

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Get what you paid for

+2

If you paid to have the muscle tightened and it was not done at the time of surgery, then, in my opinion, you deserve to get either the procedure you paid for (i.e. a revision at this point), or a refund for the costs of that aspect of the procedure that was not performed.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Would Muscle Repair Be Considered a Revision if It Wasnt Done During The First Surgery?

+2

Yes in the strict sense of the term revision is a revision of previous surgery of an area. Best to discuss with your surgeon to fully understands terms. Or seek other opinions. 

Muscle repair a revison?

+1

Depends. Most will plicate the muscle and snug your core then redrape the skin. A revision depends on what you intially signed up to have done. I would visit plastic surgeon and get other opinions IF you are not satisfied with the explanations you are getting. Best Wishes.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Muscle tightening will require a full revision/redo tummy tuck

+1

Thank your for the question and photos.  If abdominal muscle tightening is to be performed the abdominal soft tissue will need to be elevated from the pubic bone to the rib cage margin.  Doing so as well as repairing the incision would be the majority of the work.  In essence to perform abdominal muscle tightening a full tummy tuck revision or redo will be required.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Muscle Repair during Revisionary Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I would suggest calm communication with your plastic surgeon in an attempt to clarify what was agreed upon prior to your surgery. Most plastic surgeons try hard to meet patient's goals and is very likely that your plastic surgeon will  do all he can to achieve the results you're looking for.  Whether or not you and he decided to call the operation “revisionary” is of minimal importance.