Muscle Pain After Tummy Tuck

I had my Tummy Tuck 9 months ago and my tummy muscles are still painful when I roll over to my side while I am in bed. Is this normal for a 64 year old woman?

Thirty years of muscle diastasis may not respond so quickly to repair

+2

This does seem like a long time but when you put this in perspective it may not be so long.

This is how I figure this. Most patients need a tummy tuck due to changes caused by pregnancy. Assuming that you had children in your mid-30's, your abdomen probably had a deranged muscle configuration for well over 30 years prior to repair.

You may not have used your muscles in the proper fashion over that period which could have caused adverse muscle compensation.

Consider seeing a certified personal trainer to be properly instructed in using your newly repaired muscles.

There may be a variety of other causes and you should clearly discuss this with your surgeon to ensure that all else is well.

Tummy tuck and diastasis

+1

Having discomfort 9 months after a tummy tuck is very unusual. I would follow-up with your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

Pain after a tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. Patients undergoing this procedure should understand that there is a significant healing process. It is possible that you are feeling some discomfort from tightening of your muscle layer. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and asked if a garment or a binder might help with this discomfort. As your body continues to heal and the swelling resolves, this discomfort should disappear as well.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Unusually long Tummy Tuck recovery

+1

Most of the pain associated with tummy tuck surgery comes from tightening of the abdominal musculature. While this pain generally resolves over a period of several months, I have seen some patients take up to a year to return to normal.

If the pain persists, however, and if there is some sort of a bulge associated with the discomfort, then one would need to be concerned about the development of a hernia as the source of the problem. I would suggest you follow-up with your plastic surgeon for a more complete evaluation.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon