Muscle Pain After Breast Augmentation?

So i am 1 month and 5 days post op, and for the past week i have developped some pain in the inner breasts area , it feels like mUscle pain kind of like when you work out and you are sore. It kind of happened after i sat up very straight and rubbed my boobs since i had been slouching for a while after the surgery and realized maybe i should sit up straight, and i did yet now i feel like i pulled a muscle or something. I i went under the muscle high profile silicone,425. I was a 34 a

Muscle Pain After Breast Augmentation?

Although I would need more information and a good exam, your description sounds very much like you have had a muscle strain.  Protect the area and consider a short course of anti-inflammatory medications.  You may also wish to ice the area on and off for a day or 2.  

Muscle Pain after Breast Augmentation?

I think you have made the diagnosis yourself;  you probably strained the already stretched pectoralis major muscle when you “sat up straight”.  It is likely that with rest and the use of anti-inflammatories (check with your physician if appropriate),  this muscle strain/discomfort will subside.

Of course, for real reassurance, it would be best for you to be seen/examined by your plastic surgeon.

Muscle pain after breast augmentation

It sounds like you may have already correctly diagnosed yourself. It is possible that you pulled the muscle. I would recommend rest, icing the area and anti-inflammatory medication. It may also be best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon just to make sure it isn't anything more serious.

To clarify, I am a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast augmentation, including all newer aspects of the short scar procedures. I'm also a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am a board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I am also an active member of the American College of Surgeons.

I believe that each patient needs to be treated as an individual and we focus on listening. Obviously, I would need to examine you and help you to decide which surgical or non-surgical options are available in your particular case.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900 for a private consultation. We would also be happy to mail you some additional information and brochures.

Thanks for your question. Have a great day!
Best regards,
Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD