Is This Muscle Flexion Deformity/double-bubble? (photo)

I had BA performed in December. During my consult, I told my PS that I was unhappy with my "cone-like" shape of my breasts & their lack of fullness due to having a child. However, I did not want hard/circular implants & I wanted them to look as natural as possible. We decided that doing submuscular 550 HP mentor gel implants would give me the look that I desired. My inframmary incision is higher in the crease than I was told it would be & my breast are not how I imagined. I HATE THEM! ADVICE!?!?

Muscle flexion deformity after breast augmentation

+1

The 550 HP may not have given you what you desired but it gave you what you should have expected. The smooth round 550HP has a 13.6 cm diameter and a 5.5 cm projection. To accommodate that size your breast base would have had to have been 14 or more cm in diameter with a nipple that could be pulled forward 5cm before surgery. I doubt that was the case. The incision is higher on the breast mound than it should be because the large implants have migrated downward and made the new crease lower than the original crease. If you repair/elevate the creases and keep an over sized implant in the repair will not hold.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Is This Muscle Flexion Deformity/double-bubble?

+1

I fix these double bubble and animation deformities all of the time, but these are not easy surgeries to perform for most.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Double bubble deformity

+1

Based on your pictures, it appears to me that your implants are too low.  The fold under your breast should be located at the approximate location of your incision scar.  This can be corrected by reconstructing the fold using sutures inside the breast pocket.  While your implants, if placed under the muscle, will move with flexion of the muscle, yours appear to move too much.  It may be that your submuscular pocket needs to be opened more.  I don't think that re-positioning your implants to the subglandular position is required, especially since there are potential problems associated with that position as well.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

+1

The posted photo series does demonstrate the muscle flexion deformity or double bubble effect. The junction of the inferior edge of the pectorals muscle to the overlying breast tissue and skin causes this deformity. Options are to live with the result, re operate to place implants above the muscle , riggotomies with fat grafting to the junction. As for shape I see no real issue here. As for incision placement again acceptable.