Muscle is Extremely Tight After House Cleaning?

I am 6 weeks post op, the past 3 days have been spent intensively cleaning a dirty house. Today, my left breast is extremely tight and sore (I am left handed). Last night in bed, the muscle went rock hard and took ages to relax. I have had under muscle placement. Have I done serious damage or is the muscle just inflamed?

Muscle Type after Cleaning House after Breast Augmentation…

+1

I do not think you have done any “serious damage”;  your body is telling you to slow down/take it easy. I would suggest that you rest your left arm and use anti-inflammatories as instructed by your plastic surgeon.

Muscle tightness after breast augmentation

+1

From your description, it seems that your muscle has tightened after strenuous activities.  As long as your muslce is starting to relax and your breast size has not gotten larger, your breast will relax and you have not done "damage" to your breast.  When you are exercising or doing vigous activities, start building up to your normal routine slowly. 

Sugene Kim, MD

Muscle tightness is common after breast augmentation.

+1

More than likely you have irritated the muscle while it is still healing.  Most of the time this will settle down and continue to heal however if you notice that one breast is significantly more swollen than the other breast then you should get it checked out by your surgeon.

Gregory Mesna, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon