Muscle Discomfort After Breast Aug?

I am 3 months post-op breast augmentation and still feel like my muscles are readjusting. I had inframammory incisions, silicone implants under the muscles. I am a little concerned, it feels like a lot of others didn't require as much down time after the procedure and just want to make sure this is normal and that I shouldn't worry.

Discomfort after surgery

+1

Although 3 months is along time it is not a long time after surgery. You are still early in your post operative healing period. Please give your body more time to adjust to the change.

Muscle Discomfort After #BreastAug? ANS:

+1

Implants can still feel a little strange even at three months especially with activity...The main thing is that they are soft and not getting hard. If not, then give it another 3 months and it really should get much better...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Healing after beast surgery

+1

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS
1. pain is variable
2. it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax
3. celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help
4. massage and stretching may help
5. everyone heals differently

Discomfort 3 months after augmentation

+1

Three months is an unusually long time to have these complaints, but it certainly seen from time to time. As long as things look OK and you have no other problems it is probably nothing to worry about, but I recommend you keep in contact with your PS. Good luck.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort after breast augmentation

+1

At three months after breast augmentation it is very possible that you have some residual discomfort.  This should get better with more time.  If you are concerned, you should speak to your surgeon.

Muscle Discomfort After Breast Aug?

+1

It is not uncommon for some patients to still have some symptoms at 3 months after surgery. Without photos or better still an in person exam it is hard to offer any reassurance.

Your best option is a discussion with your surgeon, preferably in the office where an exam can be perfomed.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes,