I Have No Muscle Action in my Vagina Due to Spinal Cord Injury. I Cannot Do Kegels?

I am 56 years old. Is there a vaginal rejuvenation surgery hat can help tighten my vaginal, and will it last long?

I Have No Muscle Action in my Vagina Due to Spinal Cord Injury

+2

Yes, a vaginal will tighten the vaginal opening and vaginal vault.  Normally it is a long lasting operation.  Depending on the severity of your spinal cord injury, you may develop some muscle atrophy so it may loosen sooner than normal.

Is Vaginal Rejuvenation a Treatment for Looseness from Spinal Cord Injury

+1
A thorough pelvic exam including testing of neuromuscular function will determine the status of your pelvic muscles. That should direct the most appropriate course of management. If you're lucky and have not suffered from atrophy to any of the key muscles that are used to perform a solid vaginal rejuvenation, then a standard procedure might suffice. If atrophy is present, you will require a more complex procedure in order to deliver an adequate result.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

Vaginal Rejuvenation

+1

Vaginal rejuvenation (a.k.a. Vaginoplasty) is indeed intended to produce long lasting tightening of the entire vaginal vault, from the opening all the way up to the cervix.  Given your spinal cord injury, vaginoplasty is actually one of your very few if not only option for vaginal tightening.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD