Botox Correction of a Closed Eye After Stroke

Hi all, My Mum suffered a mini stoke in late 2007, which affected her left eye, over a short time it had become fully boss-eyed, and she had botox in the corner of eye which sorted the eye out but left her with a closed eyelid. will lopidin help her? also will eye revert when botox stops working?

Closed eye after botox

+2

Lopidin may ease the closed eye appearance but not completely correct it. Over time this should revert back to her pre-Botox condition.

Botox after stroke

+2

The lopidin should help with the ptosis- depending on if it was caused by the neurotoxin or not. The Botox will wear off/the eye will revert over time. In depth consultation with an injecting physician (oculoplastic surgeon) is recommended

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Iopidin for elevation of eyelid

+2

My knowledge of Iopodin is its helpfulness to elevate the upper eyelid 1 - 2 mm. if the levator muscle immediately above the eyelid is affected by Botox that either diffused there from higher placement or if it was placed too low on the forehead above the eyebrow at the vertical line that crosses the pupil. Whether the orbicularis oris muscle injected at the corner of the eyelid can be affected by the Iopodin is not a certainty. Possibly a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon or ophthalmologist who are experienced with Botox can help.

Ronald Shelton, MD