My nostrils flare all the time. Am I a good case for rhinoplasty? (Photo)

In most of the photos I click I see two black dots - my nostrils. I feel I have a decent nose shape, but the nostrils flare and are shown most of the time. Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty. If so what should be done so that my nostrils don't show so much in all the pictures. This exposure of the nostrils is giving me an "ape like" look which I wish to get rid of.

Alar base treatment

+1
Excessive flare or alar width can be treated with various modifications of a base excision. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Rhinoplasty for nostril reduction and bulbous tip

+1
 Flared and wide nostrils can be improved with a alar-plasty procedure. This involves removal of a small amount of skin at the base of the nostrils to narrow the wide nostrils. The alar plasty procedure can be performed as a component of the rhinoplasty or as a stand-alone procedure. A tip rhinoplasty would narrow the nasal tip and dorsal reduction can also be accomplished with osteotomies  for a full rhinoplasty procedure. For  many examples please see link below

Correcting Nostril Flare

+1
Nostril flare can be reduced as part of a rhinoplasty. This can be done as an isolated procedure but I suggest that you consider reducing the hump, increasing tip projection, and elevating your hanging columella. 

Flaring Nostrils

+1
Absolutely.  Your nostrils can be modified to make them flare less and to make the base of your nose narrower.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Correction of Nostrils

+1
Hi Rakesh,

If you are truly bothered by your nostrils, a rhinoplasty can be performed using alar rim grafting to lower the rims of the nostrils.  Make sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

My nostrils flare all the time. Am I a good case for rhinoplasty?

+1
  I don't know.  You have a pretty good nose.

Los Angeles, CA.........................