Multiple Surgeries - Body Lift, Chin Reduction and Lip Implants?

Would I be able to undergo a body lift, chin reduction, and lip implants all at once?

Combining facial plastic surgery procedures with a body lift

+2

The facial procedures of chin reduction and lip implants are relatively small in magnitude compared to your body lift. They can safely be done at the same time as they will not extend the procedure time significantly nor will they lengthen your recovery period. This would be different if the facial procedure was a facelift or multiple face procedures that added hours to your surgery.

Body Lift can be combined with other procedures

+2

Body lift can be combined with other procedures safely.  Other frequently performed procedures in conjunction with a Body Lift are liposuction, breast augmentation, breast lift, arm reduction(Brachioplasty) and facial procedures. Additional procedures increase the amount of operating time necessary to complete the surgery and therefore require the appropriate facilities to accomplish safely.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Advisability of Multiple Procedures

+2

Hi there-

It is very important to realize that, in this issue as in so many others, the answer to your question will depend on WHO is doing your surgery.

If you have chosen an experienced surgeon who can safely complete these procedures for you in a reasonable amount of time, then I see no reason it would not be wise to combine them.

If, on the other hand, combining the procedures means that your surgery will be longer than about 5 hours, I would not recommend you combine them, as it is generally true that the risks of surgery and anesthesia go up as the operation gets longer.

Armando Soto, MD

Multiple Plastic Surgical procedures

+2

4730anon,

Its best to weigh all of the risks and benefits to undergoing multiple procedures.  The benefits of a combined procedure are clear:  One anesthesia setting, one recovery period, and, generally, less expense.  It is very common to combine multiple procedures, even in the outpatient setting.    Alternatively, longer procedures are associated with greater risks.   Lengthier surgeries are associated with a higher frequency of complications.  Consult with your surgeon and seek multiple opinions.  Surgery is something that you will hope to undergo only once.  So it is best to take time with your decision.  During lengthy procedures, both the operating room staff and the surgeon become fatigued.  Body lifts are lengthy procedures.  Though they may be combined with other procedures, it is probably best to keep total operating room time under 8 hours.  Good luck! 

Jason R. Hess, MD

Multiple surgical procedures

+2

The question is not " CAN YOU" it is SHOULD YOU?

There is increased risks with multiple procedures. Also that depend how healthy you are. How is your nutritional state after weight loss(I assume there was weight loss to need a lower body lift).

There is also the Fatgue factor rwith  long surgery.

Multiple procedures are safe if operating time is limited

+1

It is ok to undergo multiple procedures at the same time if the operating time is kept at a minimum to avoid complications such as deep vein thrombosis. It depends on the surgeon and the different technique that may be used! Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

+1

If you are having those minor procedurs with a body lift it should be okay as long as you are healthy and the body lift is done in a reasonable amount of time.

Multiple surgeries with bodylift

+1

The most important consideration in your surgical outcome is safety.   Generally speaking, I try to limit your anesthetic time to less than 6 hours to decrease your incidence of anesthesia related complications.    

Prior to recommending what can be accomplished in a single procedure, I would recommend evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine how many hours of surgery are necessary and evaluation by your primary physician to medically determine how much surgery is safe for you. 

If medically cleared by your primary physician and felt to be a good candidate for the above procedures, I could safely perform the above procedures in one setting.    An average bodylift takes me about 4 hours, chin reduction about 1 hour, and lip augmentation about 15 minutes.  

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Combination procedures for body contouring

+1

A body lift can be combined with another procedure(s).  This depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation.  He/she will determine the how long it will take and whether you are a safe/good candidate for these combined procedures.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Body lift

+1

The number of procedures that you can have with safety depends on your physical condition, the experience of the surgeon and also how the surgery is perform.  Selecting a  good  experience surgeon is the most important  point  certified by an specialty Board and listen to his  advise.

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon