Should I Consider Multiple Surgeries from Multiple Doctors?

I am seriously considering getting 3 plastic surgeries performed. The surgeries I would like done are rhinoplasty, chin liposuction, and a brazilian butt lift. My concern is that I am having a hard time finding a surgeon that is able to perform all 3 surgeries. Would I be better off considering the option of having 2 surgeons and separate surgeries? Also, what do you think are my chances of getting two plastic surgeons to cooperate/coordinate so I could possibly get everything done at once?

Mulitple procedures

+1

I find it hard to believe that you can not find a single plastic surgeon that can do all those procedures for you.  But, you have to be comfortable with the surgeon, good luck.

Multiple procedures by multiple surgeons

+1

I  do not know if this is a function of where you live but I would guess there are a dozen or more plastic surgeons a short walk from my office who would/could perform all of the procedures you are requesting. I cannot understand why you would need to have different procedures performed by different surgeons unless you chose to do so for personal reasons.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

It is not a good idea to have the Rhinoplasty and the Brazilian butt lift together because you must be on your back and elevated for the nose portion of the procedure. In contrast for the Brazilian butt lift you can not lie on your back or butt at all. So this is an easy decision for you. You should separate them in to the Rhinoplasty and liposuction portion first then the Brazilian butt lift in a second surgery. You should choose a surgeon that you feel comfortable with and if you need to have two different surgeons then this will be no problem since you should separate the procedures anyway.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty and a Brazilian Butt Lift done at the same time is not a good combination

+1
After a brazilian butt lift you should sleep/lie on your stomach.  After a rhinoplasty you should be on your back and elevated.  Thus combining the two procedures makes positioning after the combined surgery awkward.  I would recommend that you split them up.  This will also allow you to have two different surgeons operate on you if you feel one is great at the brazilian butt lift, and another one is better at the rhinoplasty surgery.
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Rhinoplasty Together......???? No. I would not!

+1

Although these procedures can be performed at the same time, I definitely would not!!!
When you have a Rhinoplasty, you need to remain sitting up to minimize swelling and pain of your nose as well as to prevent displacing your bones and winding up with a crooked nose. 
When you have the Brazilian Butt Lift, you cannot sit or lay on your buttocks. 
These two procedures do not go together.  I have had patients request this combination before.  I will not do them together.  You should never compromise the results of one procedure for the other.  The neck liposuction can be done with either procedure.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift can be done along with liposuction of the chin(Neck). At another surgery you can do the rhinoplasty.

Choosing the right plastic surgeon is very important and can do all the procedures you desire.

Multiple Plastic Surgery Procedures

+1

The procedures you mentioned can safely be done at the same time, and by the same surgeon.  Why don't you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)  for an expert in this field.  Plan to discuss your expectations and concerns at consultation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD