Bruising, Swelling, and Seroma After Multiple Procedures

Yesterday, I had a lateral eyelid lift, and lower mini facelift (weekend facelift) which pulled tightly behind my ears. I also had fat transfer to my eye and cheekbone area from Smart Lipo from my love handles. The next day, I am very swollen around my eyes, which are deep bluish black and terribly swollen. I can barely see out of the right eye. There also seems to be a great deal of fluid on day 2 along with the bruising. Are these normal?

Weekend face lift

+1

This is the weekend face lift.

Fat transfer taken by Smartlipo was not very smart since the fat is dead cells.

Fluid collection can be a hematoma so call the surgeon immediately. You should be seen and examined. if there is a hematoma it can cause multiple problems, including skin loss.

This is normal

+1

With all the surgery that you have had, it is normal to have a lot of fluid and edema and swelling and bruising around the entire face for the first two weeks after the surgery. This is normal.

Bruising and swelling after eyelid and mini facelift proceedures

+1

You've had 3 significant proceedures in an area which tends to swell and bruise easily. Only your surgeon can determine what is "normal" in light of your medical situation and his past experience with these proceedures. Set up a post op. visit and discuss your concerns.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon