Multiple Procedure- Brazilian Butt Lift, Breast Augmentation and Chin Augmentation?

I was wondering if it's safe to get all these procedures done at the same time? I will be traveling by plane from alaska to California for the surgery and thought it would be wise to get everything done in one visit. I can spend about 2-3 weeks in California so I can go to the post-operative appointments. However, I am concerned about safety, PAIN and time under anesthesia. I've read that 6 hours is the longest that one should be under general anesthesia.

Multiple procedures

+2

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done.  On longer cases, an overnight stay may be recommended.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status. 

Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Remember, safety first.  You can always come back and fight another day.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Tweet

Combining different cosmetic procedures

+2

I very often combine cosmetic procedures. My first priority is safety for the patient as well as getting the best result for them. I do put a time limit on how long in the operating room for the longer the operation, usually, the greater chance of infection and potentially other problems. My main focus though is on the patient and procedures. What you have planned, I have combined and should not be close to 6 hours. Staying in the area is definitely recommended and helpful to both myself and the patient. Many times, my out of town patients can visit the sites in Southern California while they are recovering and make a mini-vacation and rejuvenation at the same time. We help with all arrangements!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedures out of state...

+2

Since you have the time to recover there, 3 weeks should give you a good idea if you're good to return to Alaska but if you have a local surgeon equally talented to do those procedures, why leave home?  Follow-ups are so much easier unless you wish to have an excuse to visit CA frequently.  As for the time, 6 hours is a guideline but when proper precautions are taken, going longer isn't terribly risky.  You will probably have most of your discomfort from your butt lift and that will take the longest to recover from.  Know your surgeon's revision policy as butt lifts often require touch ups to improve the results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Multiple procedures during the same anesthetic

+1

Thanks for the question.  I agree that it is not safe to do more than 6 hours of surgery during the same anesthetic.  That being said, the procedures that you are describing, in my hands, take much less than 6 hours to perform so I feel that this combination would be safe.  Of course, the most important person to ask is your plastic surgeon who will have reviewed your medical history and assist in making a decision based upon your health.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon