Is It Safe to Have Multiple Plastic Surgeries Months After Accutane?

Hello. I will finish taking Accutane at the beginning of March 2010. I want to have a Breast Reduction, Rhinoplasty and a Brazilian Butt Lift done sometime between July and August 2010.

However, I'm concerned that the healing process (specifically of the skin) might not go very well due to the fact that I would've only been off Accutane for 5-6 months by then.

Is it alright to have these operations done in that time period, or should I restrain from having them at all (because of Accutane and its side effects)? Thank you very much in advance.

Avoid elective surgery for 12 months

+1

To be on the safe side, and since there is no need to rush, wait 12 months from last Accutane dose before you do surgery. Accutane results in delayed healing, and increased scarring especially if you have any complications such as infection and require drains. Why take the chance?

New Orleans Dermatologist