Multiple Gynecomastia Surgeries

I have had the surgery done twice now. The same thing occurred both times, when the wrap was first taken off i was completely flat, then within a month they became to get fuller yet again. I am pretty athletic and don't do any kind of drugs. Any thoughts?

Is more than one procedure for gynecomastia necessary

+1

Most commonly only one procedure is needed to correct gynecomastia. But sometimes what appears to the plastic surgeon to consist of only fatty tissue turns out to also contain actual breast tissue for which a subcutaneous mastectomy becomes necessary. Also as with any procedure revisions may become necessary. An experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon will help you through the process to ensure that you get the best result possible

Gynecomastia revision works.

+1

Hi.

You have the kind of story that really needs to be evaluated in person.  Your situation is really unusual.

But we have never seen a gynecomastia patient that could not be made flat. So don't give up. Get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Two gynecomastia surgeries and still not satisfied

+1

I would not necessarily consider two surgeries to be "multiple". It is far easier to repair an undercorrection then an overcorrection. An assessment requires estimating how much of your condition is due to excess skin, areola, nipple, gland, and fat. Correcting your problem requires addressing each of these components. If sufficient gland has been removed, perhaps you now need excess areola excised. This will require more scarring and you should be prepared to accept this if full correction is your goal.

Pancake flat

+1

A couple of thoughts/points

1.  The result should not critically evaluated at one month.  It takes about six months for the final result to evolve.

2.  Compression garment use is critical!  Seroma (fluid collections) can produce fullness.

3.  Completely flat is not my endpoint especially in your case where you state that you are athletic.  You may well developed pectoralis muscles.  Your endpoint should be an well contour athletic chest NOT A FLAT CHEST.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Gynecomastia

+1

If  appearance is good after surgery then start to increase after surgery then it could be hematoma which forms a large scar and recurrence.

First you need a compression garment for 6-12 weeks after surgery.

You may need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. What is the cause? how to prevent it ? What is the next step?

Gynecomastia treatment

+1

It si diffiuclt to say what is going on without at least seeing pictures, or knowing the details of your surgery and history.