Are Multiple Brow Lifts Possible?

I had an Endoscopic Brow lift about 10 years ago, and it looks like I'm ready for another. Is that possible, or will I end up looking "done"?

Redo browlift

+2

An endoscopic brow lift is a great procedure for the right patient. Unfortunately, over time I think it does not hold up as well as a coronal (open) browlift.  This may be a better option.

Browlift after 10 years

+1

Consider a coronal ( open) brow lift if you decide to have another surgery.  It would be unusual to ever redo that procedure. 

Multiple Brow Lifts

+1

It is not uncommon to have a second procedure after 10 years.  Consult with 2 - 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to determine whether you should have another endoscopic brow lift or alternative procedure.

Multiple Browlifts: Not an Unusual Request

+1

Actually, this is not an unusual request, for as you continue to age and the effects of gravity weigh in on your forehead and brows, there can be a return to some degree of the hanging eyebrows. Many times, with these secondary procedures, I will not recommend a second endoscopic browlift, but instead a skin only lateral browlift. While a simpler procedure to recover from, and not requiring anything deeper than some mild oral sedation, that is not the reason I would recommend it, but rather for its superiority in directly elevating the skin of the brow region, which is usually the main problem area, and giving the best results.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gravity is forever, browlifts are not!

+1

Ten years for an endoscopic browlift seems about right. Performing a second browlift is not a problem. I prefer using the Coapt endotines as a way to lift the scalp in a precise way. I have had great results with this technique.

Yes, you can have multiple brow lifts!

+1

It is not uncommon to have more than one brow lifts. The endoscopic brow lift is a great operation but as any facial procedure, it has a certain longevity. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/brow-lift/

Multiple Brow Lifts

+1

You can have another brow lift and achieve a natural result if the aging process has caused a recurrance of forehead and eyebrow ptosis. You will not look "done" if the procedure is well-done.

The endoscopic brow lift did raise your hairline - it always does. Be careful to select a procedure, such as the hairline brow lift , which will not cause additional elevation of the hairline.

Are multiple Brow lifts possible?

+1

Yes, they are. While the FEASIBILITY of the operation depends on the extent of brow droopiness, the post-operative appearance would depend on which lift operation was done and how it was carried out.

All plastic surgeons have their favorite procedures. Although we see occasional spurts of enthusiasm for a certain technique (endoscopic, barbed sutures etc), eventually the final result depends on matching the particular patient and his/her brow droopiness to the technique best apt to produce the wanted result in that case.

Hope this answered your question.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Multiple Browlifts Are Possible

+1

Although most of the time, browlifts are done only once in a person's life, performing a second one is certainly possible.

Whether you will look "done" does not depend on the procedure or how many you have had but rather on the goals and careful execution of the procedure. Therefore, the answer is "you should not look operated on" but everything is possible...

Most patients I see for secondary browlifts either had no noticable improvement a year or so following their (usually endoscopic) browlift or their brow tails (ends of the brows towards the sides) require additional lifting.

You can stand in front of the mirror and lift your brows with the help of your fingers to see what kind of an improvement may look good and natural.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon