Multiple Bloody Liposuction Incisions Not Stitched or Steri-stripped- Is This Good?

Is it a good thing to leave at least 18 bloody liposuction incisions open without stitching or steri strips? Also, a related question, the surgron did not provide compression garments to cover most of the areas operated on. Swelling and blood and extreme pain are not a good combination. I did not expect most of the liposuction that he did. I can't even explain how bad the pain is. This is horrifying.

+1

Some plastic surgeons will leave incisions open, some will close them, and some will place drains.  Any time there is a concern for pain, you should be examined by your surgeon.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Closed Incisions Preferred by Most Plastic Surgeons

+1

Open Incisions vs Closed for Liposuction is highly variable based on surgeon's preference. Most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons close liposuction incisions regardless of the type of liposuction used (Smart Lipo, Ultrasonic liposuction, conventional or PAL - power assisted liposuction. In my more than 2 decades of practice and trying each of these devices, I have not found any prolonged recovery by closing incisions. On the contrary I feel that I have prevented the mess and hassle to the patient. The ultimate scar has a better chance of being smaller if sutured.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/liposuction/