Multi-Faceted Rhinoplasty Work - Roman Nose? (photo)

Hello, I have a nose that overprojects and has a bump high on the dorsum and is broad/ fleshy at the tip. It's just the size and extend of overprojection that bothers me. I'm wondering if it is a tall order to ask for so many changes that would involve work on each facet of my nose, while maintaining overall shape/proportions (see photo 3)? With elaborate requests such as mine, what would a surgeon do to ensure my nose keeps its uniqueness? What are the pros and cons of dealing with a roman nose

Rhinoplasty to address projection, bump, and nasal tip

+1

During the rhinoplasty procedure deprojection of the nose takes place by shaving down both the bony and cartilaginous dorsum.  A bulbous tip is addressed by refinement; narrowing the nasal tip through suturing techniques and cartilage removal.  Most nasal surgery can be performed as a closed rhinoplasty technique in an outpatient procedure, setting under general anesthesia.

Rhinoplasty With Multifaceted Approach

+1

Dear Knobby,

It is common that patients with noses similar to yours have a multifaceted Rhinoplasty to establish the desired results.

Your photos are not too clear but with a physical examination more could be assessed and a better approach could be planned and more solid details could be generated.

With a "roman" nose requiring a multifaceted approach, the main key is to preserve the uniqueness of the nose, its natural look and the way it should fit with the rest of your facial features.

Only then that the beauty of your face will come together pretty well.

So, I recommend that you seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in the field of Rhinoplasty to have the best shot at securing commendable results.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your questions.

Dr. Sajjadian

1) Is harmonious with your face
2) Compliments your other facial features.
3) Retains its uniqueness

Commonly, patients with an over-projected nose with a dorsal hump seek nasal refinement surgery.  It is common place to remove the hump and deproject the nose, producing a natural appearing nose.  Techniques today vs the techniques from years ago also strengthen the nose during the surgery to ensure that the nose will last you a lifetime.   I would recommend a consultation with a qualified surgeon to help determine your next steps.

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Taking a multifaceted approach to improve the appearance of the nose

+1

In many cases with rhinoplasty, more than one change is necessary to produce the desired result.  A thorough examination would be necessary to develop a plan of action for the changes that would take place during your surgery.  The goal is to leave you with a nose that:

1) Is harmonious with your face
3) Retains its uniqueness

Commonly, patients with an over-projected nose with a dorsal hump seek nasal refinement surgery.  It is common place to remove the hump and deproject the nose, producing a natural appearing nose.  Techniques today vs the techniques from years ago also strengthen the nose during the surgery to ensure that the nose will last you a lifetime.   I would recommend a consultation with a qualified surgeon to help determine your next steps. Thanks and best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mulit-faceted rhinoplasty is common

+1

It doesn't sound like addressing those various areas of your nose is too much to ask your surgeon to treat during your rhinoplasty. It is very common to need to address multiple parts of the nose to make sure that all the areas are in balance with one another.

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to improve the over projection and dorsal bump while maintaining features that you want. Pre-operative computer morphing should help you and your surgeon discuss your preferences.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your requests are not elaborate. Your case is pretty straight forward. You will require rasping the dorsal bump as well as tip work. Schedule a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. At that time your surgeon will do an examination and photo morphing  so you will have a good idea of what you can expect your results to be. Be very  specific with your surgeon and look at his before and after photos.                                                                                             

Most Rhinoplastys are Multifaceted Rhinoplastys

+1

The changes you are looking for are pretty typical for a primary (first time) rhinoplasty. Very few people come in needing only one small area of their nose changed. Most people need to have multiple areas of the nose worked on at the same time to get an overall balanced and aesthetically pleasing result. Also, you can't forget about perspective. If you change one part of the nose, it will make the rest of the nose look different. Your question about uniqueness is a great one. The key to a great rhinoplasty is to make changes to your nose so that it fits on your face by being appropriate with your ethnic background, is the right size for your height and facial shape, and is strong enough to stand up to your other facial features. By doing that, it will look like it belongs on your face and automatically causes it to retain its uniqueness.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multi-change rhinoplasty

+1

What I get from your description is that you want dorsal hump reduction, more defined tip and reduced tip projection.  These components are not uncommonly performed together during rhinoplasty.  Definitely discuss with your surgeon during consultation which changes you desire and which aspects of the nose you would prefer to remain.

Multifaceted rhinoplasty>

+1

They are almost all multifaceted because when you change one thing it affects the way the others look. See an experienced conservative rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.