Muffin Top Post Op with No Lipo? (photo)

I am 7 days post op from a full tt and ba, I know its very early. I am unhappy with my tt rezults so far. It seems like evrything I aked the ps to do, he did the opposite. High scar, big boobs and a uffin top I asked him today abiut and he replies if im unhappy with it, then to get smart lipo? If I get lipo, wont that leave loose skin?

Muffin Top Post Op with No Lipo?

+2

Poorly done TT with residual lateral dog ear deformities, too high incision placement. Can not tell the appearance of implanted breasts in covered photo. Was your surgeon a boarded PS? 

Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

Thank you for your quesiton and photos. You are correct, your incision is too high and the contour is not acceptable.  It is too early to evaluate the results of your TT, but if they persist beyond 3 months, then a revision is in order. Your surgeon should want you to be happy and willing to improve upon his work.  Hope this helps. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+2

You are only 7 days after surgery, the swelling will come down in 6-12 weeks.

The abdominoplasty incision is way too high and will require revision , if there is enough skin laxity to pull it down. Only time will tell. Noticed the drains are not dressed , the drains require care  follow your plastic surgeon advise on that.

Too early to tell

+1

thanks for your ? and pic. I agree that your incision appears high and the contour is not yet ideal laterally. Without a preop view however it is hard to be too judgmental. Sometimes as the swelling subsides, this will improve. If the skin elasticity is poor it is oftentimes hard to get as smooth and tight a contour as we want. Most of the time we combine liposuction with the TT at the initial procedure. If there is a lot of skin excess and poor elasticity then we will resect skin posteriorly. Once you are closer to 6 months out it will be easier to tell where you stand. Best of luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

A dog ear after the abdominoplasty part of a mommy makeover will require another surgical procedure.

+1

Dogears do not disappear with resolution of swelling. The picture demonstrates what appears to be excess skin laterally although it's a bit early to make a pronouncement. It is due to swelling it will go away with time. If it is a dog ear. It will require a surgical revision.

Anxiety about early result after an abdominoplasty - high scar and muffin top

+1

Early anxiety after any cosmetic surgical procedure is understandable as you had a level of expectation and this was not met.  Please give it more time to settle down and express your concerns to your plastic surgeon in a very non confrontational manner.  If you have concerns once you reach the 6  month period then discuss revision of the scar.  From my personal stand point the scar does look a bit high but hindsight is 20/20.  

Very early after your procedure

+1

Understandably you are worried and concerned but it is very hard to know how things settle over the next 2 to 6 months. At 6 weeks most of the swelling in the breast should resolve and at 12 weeks in the abdomen. It takes 6 months to a year for the final result to show. Follow up closely with your surgeon and if revision is needed make sure you discuss his policy with him.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Muffin Top After Tummy Tuck

+1

At 7 days you are very swollen, belly and breasts alike.  The scar on the tummy tuck may appear too high now but may change in appearance as swelling goes down.  The breasts will definitely decreased in size as swelling goes down.  If after 6 months to a year, the scar on the tummy tuck is not to your liking, discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mommy makeover, muffin top, high scar

+1

Hi,

It is VERY important for you to remember that you are only 7 days after your surgery.  This is extremely early to be considering any other procedures until you are about 6 months to a year.  You need to be patient.

It is amazing how things settle over time.  If you are still dissatisfied over many months, then your plastic surgeon can discuss your options.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

7 days

+1

You are far too early post operative to assess any results.  It will take at least 6 months before your body will begin taking it's shape and be on the upside of recovery.  Often i tell patients to wait a year and assess the results.  Your augmentation will reduce once the swelling subsides and the breasts settle.

Once time has passed you can meet with your plastic surgeon and determine if some liposuction will help you achieve further results.  Many of the techniques today will tighten skin as well as suction fat out.

Be patient and allow your body to heal.  See your plastic surgeon at the recommended intervals to assess your progress.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD