Muellectomy After Inserting a Palpebral Spring?

My L eye had a cornea transplant many years ago after trauma from a car accident. The cornea recently had begun"breaking down' because my L eyelid wasnt FULLY closing, . A palpebral spring was sewn into my upper eyelid and it was a success as far as the eye now being able to fully close. Bur now the eyelid droops and it looks horrible and I am MISERABLE! Is it possible to do a muellectomy to raise the eyelid just a little to make the appearance at least something I could live with? :((

May not be effective enough..

A Mullerectomy may not be effective enough to raise your eyelid if the palpebral spring is putting enough pressure to protect your cornea. Assuming you had this done by an Oculoplastic Surgeon, it's best you bring this concern to your doctor's attention who is already familiar with your eyelid anatomy.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

61 East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065

Not a good idea

The eyelid spring is much more powerful than the mullerectomy procedure, so it likely would not be effective. The health of your cornea is more important than a droop eyelid. We always need to make this compromise when lowering an eyelid to improve the corneal health, no matter what technique is used.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Eyelid spring

You should not "mess" with it.  You have a functioning eyelid spring which can potentially cause problems even if you don't do anytying to it.  So I recommend you leave it alone.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

This is a very complex situation that can not be properly answered without a personal consultation.

Lid springs are very uncommonly performed.  At least a heavy upper eyelid that closes is protecting your corneal graft.  I think that it is improbable that anyone will recommend compromising the protection of the upper eyelid in order to make you look better.  I recommend that you see the surgeon who is maintaining the eyelid spring.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211