How Much Aquamid to Augment the Buttocks?

I'm 22 and looking to have aquamid injected in my buttocks by a doctor in London who is the only dr that performs this in Europe. I'm actually really eager to do this.

As I am a small girl in size and have not flat but a little bottom, how much aquamid will I need to use? and how will I know if I will be alergic to this subtance and what causes infections that many have said is inevitable. May I also ask that if aquamid is not approved in England why and how the Dr is able to practice this openly?

How Much Aquamid to Augment the Buttocks?- The safest amount - ZERO

+1

Regarding: "How Much Aquamid to Augment the Buttocks?

As I am a small girl in size and have not flat but a little bottom, how much Aquamid will I need to use? and how will I know if I will be alergic to this subtance and what causes infections that many have said is inevitable. May I also ask that if aquamid is not approved in England why and how the Dr is able to practice this openly?"

Injecting anything but fat into the buttocks is a foolish idea. Once injected such substances cannot be removed or magically reversed.  The history of Plastic Surgery is littered with many such "wonderful" fillers all of which came in with a big bang but after mutilating hundreds to thousands of people were pulled off the market.

As to being "the only one" etc etc. Plastic Surgery is THE MOST  competitive surgical specialty to be trained in and the competition does not stop upon completion of our training. In effect, it heats up as we compete with Non-Plastic surgeons such as qualified Dermatologists and Otololaryngologists as well as ER doctors, Gynecologists, Family Practice and even chiropractors and other non-MD's. In this competitive environment, why DO YOU THINK, no one else dares to inject buttocks with "Aquamid" (or much more likely a fake pretender)? If it was such a great procedure, wouldn't logic dictate that, like Botox, everyone and his sister would be injecting it?  Think about it. Many of us have seen the horrors of butt "pumping" and have retained enough control to decline financial pressures and not punish fellow gullible human beings with such "treatments".

Don't do it.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Aquamid for buttock injections

+1

Thanks for the question.

The amount of Aquamid you would require for a noticeable buttock augmentation would be financially prohibitive. You'd be much better off with a fat transfer or alternatively, a buttock implant.  Polyacrylamide is a fairly inert substance so the likelihood of an allergic reaction would approach negligible. I personally would not recommend undergoing such a treatment and I would suggest you confer with several surgeons in your region for alternative opinions.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.