I'm 4 Mths Post Op Rhinoplasty and Have Swelling or Scarring? (photo)

I'm not happy with the overall result, my nose was too wide and nostrils too big..it doesn't look at all like we discussed, he added a bridge and tip. It's still too wide and a huge bulb on tip which he believes to be scarring. He agrees to a revision in 6 mths, but I'm extremely nervous about another surgery resulting in same result. Are there any other options to another surgery, I have already had 2 steroid injections.

I'm 4 Mths Post Op Rhinoplasty and Have Swelling or Scarring?

+1

You have to wait for 6 months following the first Rhinoplasty to have a Revision Rhinoplasty.  Go back and discuss the aesthetics of what you'd like in the Revision Rhinoplasty with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

It certainly is way too early to tell what your result will be. The most important thing is that you feel like you communicated your goals to your surgeon. If you were on the same page as your surgeon then you have to feel confident that your results will pan out over time. I would not revise a Rhinoplasty for about one year. You need to give the scar time to remodel and soften. It makes revision surgery easier.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty for the African American nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the African American nose takes a minimum of one year for healing and sometimes even a year and a half to two years for the last bit of swelling to go down in the tip. Wait at least another 6 to 12 months before having a revision.

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At four months you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD