I Had a Tummy Tuck 4 Weeks Ago, the Morning of my Surgery my Ps Discovered One of my Hips Were Higher Than the Other? (photo)

I discovered my hip was higher on one side the morning of my sx 4 wks ago, I had full tt, mr, and lipo to flanks and lower back, I also had saline implants replaced with gels. My question is my rt side of abd is noticeably defined, but my left side has no definition at all. I'm wearing my cp and binder as instructed by ps, is there anything else I can use to possible define my left abd, if it is not too late, I'm 4 wks po, but still have some bil lower back swelling? Next fu appt end of March.

Swelling is still likely present

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  Some swelling is still likely present and therefore your final result is still yet to come.  With that said any asymmetry of hips, spine, torso is not going to be corrected by a tummy tuck and therefore are still going to be present after surgery.  The good news is that the definition asymmetry you refer to may be improved with some liposuction down the road once healing completed.

Dr Remus Repta

Excellent Result From Mommy Makeover

+2
You have an excellent result from you procedures.  At 4 weeks you are still swollen and should continue to improve over the next few months. The waist definition asymmetry is likely secondary to swelling or your pre-existing skeletal abnormality.  Time will tell which one, but it is too early to evaluate your final result.  All the best! 

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Healing with Abdominoplasty

+2

You will notice changes for weeks and months following your abdominoplasty.  It will take months to see the final result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I Had a Tummy Tuck 4 Weeks Ago, the Morning of my Surgery my Ps Discovered One of my Hips Were Higher Than the Other

+2

This finding regarding your hips will almost always be accompanied by asymmetry of the abdominal wall. A TT will not correct this and nor will liposuction. The difference looks rather mild in the photos, and it appears you have had a nicely done procedure. 

All the best. 

Healing After Abdominoplasty #tummytuck

+1

I think your results look amazing. Not sure it there is much you can do at this point to help with the definition that you ask about. I think if you just allow the healing process to occur over the next 3-6 months as your swelling resolves you will see better contour daily. You have what I would call a great result.

Richard J. Brown, MD

I Had a Tummy Tuck 4 Weeks Ago, the Morning of my Surgery my Ps Discovered One of my Hips Were Higher Than the Other?

+1

Looks like a very good result! Minor differences in the sides of the body are acceptable. Enjoy the great results!! 

Abdominoplasty with liposuction flanks

+1

After abdominoplasty and liposuction there is a large amount of swelling for the first two weeks and a moderate bit of swelling for 3 months or so.  There is nothing you should really do at this point except wait.  If you are still unhappy at that point, you might consider more liposuction on the left.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

So Far So Good!

+1

You appear to be healing very well.  If you were asymmetric (and most patients are) before the surgery, tightening everything may indeed accentuate this, however, it is too early in the healing process to tell.  You may still have more swelling of the soft tissues in that area or even a small fluid collection.  Make sure you communicate your concerns with your surgeon and give yourself more time to heal!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. Most hip asymmetries are not due to the surgery. Other factors contribute to this. Remember, we are not suppose to be perfectly symmetrical. One side of a body or face will always be different. Give yourself 6 months to heal. Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

#Tummytuck procedure will not correct a pre-existing hip asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question.  #Tummytuck procedure will not correct a pre-existing hip asymmetry.  Hip asymmetry was likely there prior to surgery and can be caused by several factors such as unequal leg length, unequal pelvic bone, lordosis, scoliosis, soft tissue, etc.  But it is possible that you still have some surgical swelling (edema) and the soft tissue still needs to contract post #liposuction.  Wait 6 months.  If still present then, see your plastic surgeon and perhaps additional localized liposuction could help to minimize further your asymmetry.  Best of luck, Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-Certified Toronto Plastic Surgeon 

Marc DuPere, MD