MRSA Infection in Nose 4 Months After Rhinoplasty, Prescribed Antibiotics and Feel Worse?

I went to my nose surgeon thursday with redness and bumps that had been there for a week. She said that this far out of rhinoplasty it would be unlikely that it could be dissolvable stitches that were in there. When she looked at the incisions inside she said I had MRSA in there. I am on two antibiotics right now. I have started to feel even worse then I did thursday. I feel like I have a fever and I have had a headache the last day. Could the infection not be responding to the Bactrim cream?

MRSA Infection 4 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

I assume that cultures were sent to the lab because an MRSA infection cannot be diagnosed on the basis of a physical examination. Intravenous antibiotics are usually prescribed for this infection. Everybody responds differently to an infection and the antibiotics. Tell your physician how you feel and follow her instructions. 

Possible MRSA Infection

+1

Each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your condition and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this.  Be sure to follow the instructions and follow-up with your surgeon if the condition worsens.  If a culture was taken it can help determine whether or not you had MRSA

Sam Naficy, MD