Moving Silicone Breast Implants?

I can feel my Silicone Breast Implants move around a lot as I move. I'm post op of 2 years. They're under the muscle and they've been moving around a lot lately should i be worried ?

If the pocket is too larger or stretched..

+1

Our desire from surgery is to have the pocket around the implant heal lax enough to allow for a soft and natural feeling breast but not too much that it allows the implant to move to excess. Sometimes the implant pocket (capsule) is too loose and the implant settles too low or too far to the side. These are common requests for women seeking revision breast surgery. I would encourage you to make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and see if there is something to be revised.

Dr Edwards

Usually not a problem

+1

The mobility of the implants is not a problem unless you perceive it to be. The fact that tey are moving around more does not mean that there is a problem with the implant.

Sometimes the implant move around too much and look unnatural, especially when they move out to the sides whn you lay down.

Just keep an eye on things.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Good news/bad news

+1

Implants that move are good because it usually means they are not hard. However, implants that move too much might look or feel funny because they are displaced relative to the normal breast anatomy and position. Mobility of the implants generally do not signal a problem unless they are textured and designed not to move.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD