Should I let my lower jaw move back or my upper jaw move forward? (photo)

My surgeon said there were 2 options for correcting an underbite. Should I let my lower jaw move back or my upper jaw move forward? what's the best solution if I want to keep my facial features, but looking bett? he think i should move my upper jaw forward and widen, my lower jaw no need to move back ward, only bit more to the middle. but i like to ont only move upper jaw forward but also lower jaw bit middle and backward. i am seeking second opoion, please tell me what is best´╝č thanksadvanced

Jaw Surgery for an Underbite

+1

Your photos show your underbite fairly well. In order to give you a better idea of which method is better for your situation we need to evaluate your radiographs with measurements takenon them.  The underbite could be caused by a small upper jaw or a large lower jaw, or a combination of both. Depending on the amount of movement in each jaw will determine the amount of change in appearance.  Sometime "splitting the difference" between the 2 jaws with 2 jaw orthognathic surgery is the best bet and the most stable.  This will probably change your appearance the least, but without those measurments from the radiographs I cannot give you more info.  Hope this helps

Web reference: http://www.drbdorfman.com

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon