Is It Possible to Move Fat from Lower Part of Cheek, to Upper/Cheekbone Area?

Lifting facial fat

+1

What you are describing is part of a face lift and /or midface lift procedure, although in many situations additional fat grafting is required.

Fat Grafting to the Cheekbones and Face

+1

Fat Transfer to the face can be a very valuable tool in restoring volume to the "defaflated" aging face or enhancing contour of the cheek bone, lips or chin.  The fat that is used for this is generally removed from the abdomen or thighs.  Most people do not have enough fat in their necks or jowls to process for the purpose of grafting.  I use fat grafting to the face most often with a facelift to enhance the repositioning of tissues.  It is possible to recountour your face with use of a variety of techniques and no artifical marterial.  A consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified PS would help you explore the posssibilities.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fat removal from Lower face to Replace in Upper Face

+1

The procedure which you are referring to is called a malarplasty or malar imbrication.  I perform this procedure in patients at the time of a facelift,with a need for a larger augmentaion of the malar bone.  I perform this procedure less commonly since I started augmention the malar region with autologous fat.  However, fat is never removed from the face - the autologous fat is usually taken from the upper hip or abdomen.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping facial volume with fat transfer

+1

Every case is different and the only one who can answer your question is a plastic surgeon seeing you personally. Fat grafting is commonly done to enhance the upper cheek/cheekbone area, but whether the fat can be taken from the lower cheek depends on several factors, most especially skin tone and how much if any excess fat there is.

Richard Baxter, MD