Is It Possible to Move Entire Mouth Upwards?

I heard that the ideal mouth is 1/3 of the way from nose to chin, but mine is closer to 1/2. Because I have a very thick upper lip, I can't do a lip lift, and because I have a long face already, I will do a chin implant to correct my receding chin but I don't want my face to become much longer. Could jaw surgery possibly correct this, while fixing my protruding mouth as well? Also, if I get an upper lip reduction, will the distance between nose and upper lip become greater? Thank you!

Yes It Is Possible to Move Your Entire Jaw Upwards...but why???

+1

Patients that have skeletal abnormalities can have surgical procedures, such as a maxillary impaction, to correct these problems.  If your ratio between your nose to chin is not ideal with the rest of your face, you might have to live with it unless it really bothers you.  If that is the case, you need to consult with an orthodontist who will then refer you to an oral surgeon or a plastic surgeon/oral surgeon practitioner trained in both disiplines.  Good luck and let us know how things work out.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Possibility of Moving Entire Mouth Upward

+1

There are lots of things possible in dentistry, including bi-maxillary oral surgery, full mouth reconstructiuon, soft tissue surgery, etc. The real question is how far do you really want to go? All of the above solutions carry risks. Just because you don't fit into the ideal ratio, doesn't necessarily mean you should chose MAJOR surgery or reconstruction. Talk it over with a qualified cosmetic dentist in your area.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist