How Likely is It to Move or Damage Juvederm with Skin Picking? Had It Injected 3 Wks Ago

into rolling scars and to add volume in cheeks and perioral area related to aging. I tend to pick at skin when stressed. I try to clean the sebum out of my large pores which always fill back up over time. I did not pick for the first 3 wks after it was injected. Thank you for answering my question

Juvederm fine, picking not good

+2

Rest assured that your Juvederm is fine but picking is a lot harder to stop than those that tell you to quit picking might think. The picking can cause scarring and there are some medications that might help you stop. Some are even non-prescription. As for the sebum, ask your dermatologist to prescribe some Retin-A or Tazorac. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm, picking and you...

+2

I agree with Dr. Rueckl that at 3 weeks out the Juvederm is likely situated and really not an issue.  The issue, however, is picking at your face.  The degree of scarring from picking can be extensive and permanent.  If ongoing it can lead to a picker's nodule or to more serious conditions like lichen simplex chronicus or even prurigo nodularis...which are also a result of externalized stress.  It may very well be in your best interest to see a dermatologist to have this evaluated.  There are things we can offer to help you with your "sebum" problem and hopefully redirect your outlet for stress.

Curt Samlaska, MD

Skin picking after Juvederm

+2

Skin picking in general is very harmful to your skin. It will result in scarring, pigment irregularities, possible infections, and much more. So if you can learn to do something else when you are stressed, your skin will greatly thank you. The filler is pretty well set at this point, but it can be affected some. Avoid pressing on it, picking it, or touching it excessively. Find a new way to treat your sebum - a Clarisonic system with the deep pore brush head is great. And please, don't pick!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Will skin picking hurt Juvederm injected 3 weeks ago?

+1

Unless you squeeze the Juvederm out, you probably are not hurting the product but you definitely are not helping your skin's appearance. You might want to seek professional help for the nervous habit since it can result in scarring. 

Sam Naficy, MD