I have an upside down "Y" vein near the tip of my nose. It looks a little larger than a spider vein. Can laser therapy help?

I had a nose job (rhinoplasty) about 20 years ago. After the procedure and for many years thereafter, I had no problems. Recently, within the last 6 months, I have noticed a blue vein near the tip of my nose. It looks like an upside down "Y" and it looks larger than a normal spider vein. Can laser therapy help? What are the risks given the location of the vein? I am nervous because it is on the tip of my nose.

Can veins on the tip of the nose be treated with sclerotherapy or laser ? Buffalo Niagara, NY

Larger veins on the nose can be treated effectively with sclerotherapy.

Smaller veins (telangiectasias) on the nares are best treated with lasers - KTP 532 nm laser or 1064 nm ND YAG laser.

Other treatments that are less commonly used are IPL or RF for this area of the nose.