Will 425cc moderate plus profile, mentor silicone give me the fullness and size I'm wanting? (Photo)

I am 5'7" 130lb female, athletic build, broad shoulders with A cup...I would prefer to be at least full C-low D. I am getting Moderate Plus, Mentor silicone and my Doctor believes that I should go 400-425 no bigger than 425. I really want to be on the edge of natural and obvious.

Breast implant size

+2
Some surgeons recommended 300 ml, others 500 ml.  As you can see opinions will vary.  It's hard to give you a good idea, but I do leave you with the thought that I've never had a women say " I wish I went smaller" but on occasion one does say "I wish I went bigger".

Morehead City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.Your breasts are widely spaced, slightly low and have no upper pole fullness.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will 4 and a 25 cc breast implants give me the result is a want to?

+1
Based a photograph your starting a very nice place and have natural  normal attractive breast.  It is difficult to tell without direct examination and breast base width measurements to give you an accurate answer.

Because you are thin and athletic  I certainly agree with your plastic surgeon that I would not go over 425 cc.  Figure on 200 cc given you an additional cup size.  Therefore the for 25 cc should give you an enlargement of 2 cup sizes based on the same bra you're now wearing.

For  more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

425cc enough?

+1
A few issues. Poorly posted photo, over internet we can only guess, confusing the concept of yours, "...on the edge of natural and obvious."? My over the internet guess is you desire a rather larger appearance, so I believe you need a larger implant - in the 450 to 500 cc range. But better you seek more IN PERSON opinions... 

Implant choice

+1
It is impossible to size you properly without a formal exam in person. If you feel comfortable with your surgeon then discuss with him your goals. You can always do a baggy test to see if the volume is what you want.

Implant sizing

+1
The appropriate implant size cannot be answered by committee. Each patient must take the responsibility and decide for themselves.

To give yourself a reasonable idea what you will look like. Do this little exercise. Decide what bra cup you would like to be. Remember there is no science to cup size. Victoria Secret, tends to be ridiculously different from every one else. Take two different sizes if you are uncertain.

Place the different sizes in your new bra, put your clothes on and see what the mirror tells you. You will find what you like.

Simple, not perfect but works.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Way too big of an implant. Shape more important than size of implant!

+1
Having a relative idea of breast implant size is important, but the decision of what size would give you the largest breast with the best shape should be decided by the surgeon during the operation.   You should have confidence in your surgeon to make the right choice.  I do think that over a 400 cc implant will make your breasts look funny. In fact, the breast implant should be around 300 cc to still give you a natural appearance. I would advise you to get a second opinion by a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck! 

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Breast implant sizes

+1
A general rule of thumb is it takes about 150-200 cc to make a full cup. So by the math I suspect you will be a full C or D just depending on the brand of the bra. 

The he important thing is don't get hung up on what the bra label says because all brands vary so widely. Instead, go for the look you desire. I suspect looking at your pictures it might be difficult placing larger than a 425cc implant inside your breast safely.  As far as borderline obnoxious, that will definitely be achieved depending on wardrobe choices!  I hope this helps. Good luck!

Melinda Haws, MD

Will 425 achieve you goals?

+1
In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS