Got Under Eye Filler 2 Yrs Ago at Least and I Am Still Wearing Dark Shades and Feel Ashamed of my Swollen Look? (photo)

Got Juvaderm for my undereye area and been extremely swollen ever since... the hallowness was soo much better ... feel really bad and i just want this gone... any help pls is highly appreciated ♥

Juvederm in tear troughs

+3

It's the Juvederm. It is extremely long lasting in the tear troughs. You will look and feel much better after 1 or 2 injections of hyaluronidase (Vitrase). The improvement is typically very rapid, it typically only takes 1-2 days. Good luck.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm under eyes two years ago, still looks swollen

+3

Unfortunately, Juvederm is not the best product for the under eye area.  It is thick and long lasting which makes it a great product for some areas but not for thin skin areas like the tear troughs.  You can have a small bit of Vitrase injected in the area overfilled and it will dissolve the product.  Then If you decide something more needs to be done you can consider Restylane or Belotero for that area in the future.  Either product is softer that Juvederm and will lay better under the thin skin. Good luck!

Sam Naficy, MD

Under eye swelling from Juvederm two years after

+3

It would be a bit helpful to see a before photo, but based on what you have provided I will say this: Juvederm is not a great choice for undereye filler, and Restylane is much better. Juvederm has a propensity to pull water to itself which can be triggered to occur and reoccur while the filler is there, and while Juvederm usually lasts about a year, depending on how much was injected there, and whether it was injected over or under the muscle, it can last longer. Your best bet would be to see a board-certified doctor in your area and possibly have hyaluronidase done. It may take a few rounds of the injectable but this should help tremendously. The other thing I would say is that a few times on RealSelf and once in my office I had a patient who came in with swelling under the eyes who had filler about 8 months before. Turned out she had Cellulitis which was making the HA swell and draw extra water to itself. Once this was treated, the area settled down again and there wasn't excessive swelling. I would suggest you be assessed in-person to see if this might be a possibility at all. I can't tell from the side view photo.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

I disagree with the others. The Juvederm can still be there after 2 years in the eye area.

+2

The swelling you have is very similar to the multiple people on RealSelf.com who have had problems with Juvederm when injected around the eye/tear trough area.  The Juvederm is very hydrophilic and absorbs water leading to prolonged swelling.  I would try hyaluronidase to dissolve it.  It might take several injections to get it better.  I would only go to a surgeon after exhausting these efforts.  Restylane is my preferred filler for this area.  See video using Restylane and blunt cannulas.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swollen eyelids

+2

Fillers, like Juvederm, are not permanent. Juvederm is one of the more longer lasting fillers, but typically only lasts about a  year. The swelling you have is probably not from Juvederm. I would sugggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who can examinine you and explain what procedures can be done.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Filler to tear trough 2 yrs ago

+2

Most swelling decreases in a few weeks and filler dissolves in 6-9 months; certain areas can last slightly longer. I would doubt this is still from the filler. I recommend a consult with a reputable plastic surgeon. From the profile, it looks as though you may benefit from more of a surgical procedure. Best of luck.