How Are Botox and Fillers Doing in People with Sulfite and Nickel Allergy?

Botox and fillers in patients with metal allergies

+3

Since neither product, botox or hyaluronic acid fillers such as juvederm or restylane contain this metal, they should be safe for you to be treated with them.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sulfa allergies and Botox - not likely to cause problem

+3

Botox and facial fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane can be given to patients with sulfa allergies or nickel allergies.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and sulfite or nickel allergies

+1

Cosmetic Botox is not harmful to inject if you have sulfite or nickel allergies. I would visit the website below for more information on common treatment issues and/or side effects.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and nickel and sulfite allergy

+1

You should be fine to have Botox with these allergies.  It is very rare to have an allergic reaction with Botox.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Botox and fillers for people with sulfite and nickel allergies

+1

Neurotoxins like Botox and Dysport are fine to do on people with sulfite and nickel allergies. A few years back there was one filler (Hydrelle) that needed to be avoided by people who had sulfite allergies, but I believe it is now off the market. Restylane and Juvederm are fine to do.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD