3 Months Post Opp from Silicon Breast Augmentation. Left One Hasn't Fully Dropped, Crease Is There Still? (photo)

Hi Everyone....thank you for taking the time to read my post. I had under the muscle silicon implants early February....and my husband and I are concerned about the left one.....with your expertise and much needed advise,please tell me that it still hasn't fully dropped and the crease/line will go away!!!!I do not know if my type one diabetes is at play in this outcome. I have been more than stressed and not sleeping well at nite just thinking about my outcome with the left breast....help!

Crease After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have a "double bubble" deformity on the left breast. This can happen from lowering the fold or settling of the implant. It could be that since that nipple was/is lower that your surgeon attempted to center the nipple by lowering the fold. It is likely that the fold was higher preoperatively. This can be corrected, but a surgical procedure is usually necessary.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Double Bubble vs Asymmetric Nipples

+1

Since your left breast is causing you sleepless nights, then I recommend you go back to your plastic surgeon and have him correct the double bubble.  Unfortunately, it won't go away with time.  It is obvious from your pictures that your nipples were at two different levels pre operatively.  Correction of the double bubble on the left by capsulopexy would lower the nipple on the left even more, making your breasts look even more asymmetric.  If you like the size and positioning of your breasts, then a second surgery involving internal scoring of your old inframammary fold would be a relatively quick and simple surgery getting rid of most, if not all, of your double bubble line.

I am certain that your type one diabetes had nothing to do with the double bubble. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Asymmetry

+1

I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with the outcome of your breast augmentation, and that you are loosing sleep worrying!  I can assure you this is not due to your diabetes.  Unfortunately, you are experiencing a problem that happens when the implant that is chosen is too large for the patient's anatomy.  Because the photo is distorted and your arms are not by your side, it is difficult to address your concerns about one not dropping as much as the other, however it's not relevant anyway because of the major issue: double bubble of the lower breast poles.

I am sorry to have to tell you the truth, something that only Dr. Pousti was willing to allude to: this is not going to get better, and will in fact probably get worse.

Let me address some of the things that were said to you in this post that are not accurate:

1. Time will not be on your side, and this will not suddenly get better, or even improve.  This is an anatomical structure, the inframammary fold, that has been lifted off of your chest wall due to the size and projection of the implant.  The thickness of your tissue below the crease is thin, containing little fat and no breast tissue under the skin. The thickness of your tissue above the crease is much thicker, containing fat and breast tissue. The weight of your implant will stretch out the thin tissue more than the thicker tissue, making the bubble worse with time.

2. A breast band is a great idea if you want to accentuate the downward force on the already detached inframammary fold, keeping it lifted, but not enough to 'smooth' it out.

3. Fat grafting is becoming a common procedure and is utilized successfully for both reconstructive and cosmetic purposes. Anyone who performs fat grafting on a regular basis knows that there is nowhere to put grafted fat in that very tight, very small junction that the crease represents. If any fat survived, it would unlikely camouflage the crease, and likely accentuate it.  And besides, fat grafting is a surgical procedure. If you are willing to have another surgery, you should seriously consider having one that will fix your problem.

The correct surgery is one where your implants are removed, the capsules are sewn to themselves in the appropriate areas, and new, smaller implants are replaced. This is known as a 'capsulorrhaphy'. Alternatively, a different technique known as 'neo-submuscular pocket' is performed in conjunction with removal and replacement of current implants to smaller implant.  This is also an excellent way to repair the problem.

If you don't think you will be happy with your current result, you should see a few well credentialed (certified by the ABPS, member of the ASAPS), and highly experienced surgeons that perform corrective breast surgery on a regular basis.

Best of luck

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

The implants and double bubble

+1

You have a mld double bubble more on the left.  Sometimes with time that mile double bubble line stretches out and then no further surgery is needed.  If it does not get better with more time, you may need it repaired.

Breast

+1

From the picture that you have post we do see the difference in breasts. You are still in the healing process and will ask to give your body time to heal. In our practice we use a BREAST BAND, that helps with making the implants drop into place.We see your old crease and it will take time for your skin to adjust to the new implant. Let your skin relax and hopefully that in it self with correct it self.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

3 Months Post Opp from Silicon Breast Augmentation. Left One Hasn't Fully Dropped, Crease Is There Still?

+1

Thanks for posting the photo. To me I see a "double bubble effect"on the left but also I see it lightly on the right. You can demonstrate it even better if you flex your pect muscles. Repair can be done, either to the muscle or add fat grafts or both. 

Breast Augmentation Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you are experiencing. However, it is not possible to give you real reassurance or provide meaningful advice without direct examination. Based on your picture however it seems that the  amount of fullness you have along the superior aspects of the breasts are  similar, suggesting that the breast implants have settled in a similar fashion. The “crease/line” that you mention is visible in the picture;  without palpating the area is hard to know whether the breast implant is a source of the lower pole breast fullness ( if it has settled below your natural inframammary fold) and causing the appearance of “bottoming out”.

Although it is still too early to evaluate the end results of surgery, it is possible that revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to “reconstruct” the lower poles of the breasts.  I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you after direct examination.

I do not believe that diabetes has played a  role  in your outcome.