7 Mos Post Op / Left Has Fuller Larger Profile Than the Right. What Can I Do? (photo)

Currently, I am 7 mos post op and my right breast feels and looks smaller than my left. I asked my ps and he didn't give me the time of day, he said come back next year. I went into tears. I look down at my chest everyday and all I see is lopsided boobs.I cant fill a bra properly with my right side.I cup them both in my hands and I feel the difference and I am very frusterated. I was an A cup - filled to 300ccs in the left and 313 on the right. What do I do?

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+1

It is hard to see everything int he one photos because of the lighting, but everyone has some asymmetry. SOmetiems the asymmetry can be dealt with and sometimes dealing with it can make it worse.

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+1

It is obvious that you had some asymmetries before surgery as the left breast fold is lower than the right and the left nipple is pointed off to the side a bit while the right points straight forward. You will never have the right side exactly as the left no matter what you have done. You have to make a decision with your surgeon preferably before surgery just how aggressive you want to be in trying to achieve symmetry. The more aggressive you are the greater the risk of problems and the more skin scarring you will have. Since you were an A cup these asymmetries are now magnified as you have larger breasts after surgery. I think you would not be so unhappy now if you were more aware of these issues before surgery, even if the end result were the same.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

From your photos it does appear that you have some degree of asymmetry between your breasts - and, this appears to be related to the position of the breast crease or inframammary fold. It is very possible that this has always existed and the only way to make this determination is from the examination of your pre-op photos.  That being said, you still have a very reasonable result despite the asymmetry. Sometimes, fixing an area that isn't perfect can lead to other problems so consult with your surgeon and try and make a decision that balances your benefits and associated risks.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Asymmetry

+1

Almost all of my patients have some degree of asymmetry. Not just postop, but preop.  People not only have asymmetry in the breasts in most instances, but also the entire upper body. I notice that your chest seems to swing to one side, as if your spine is not straight. I would not be surprised to see your rib cage is projecting to the front more on one side than the other, which can cause the issues you do not like.  From my persepective with the limited photos, I would say your result looks very good, and to redo anything might not make them better, or cause some other asymmetry to appear.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Most breasts are slightly different right to left, and often in breast augmenation we are confronted by subtle differences in the skin envelop which can affect symmetry after. It may be lighting however your photos look like two different individuals, and the asymmetry doesn't really stand out. Give it a year, and consider the risk of replacing the 'poor' implant with the potential gain you will see.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Uneven BA after 7 months

+1

I agree that they are a bit uneven. Th photo on the right look more obvious but it could be the lighting. I don't think it will change much more, after 7 months, but you could certainly give it a little longer before making a final call. if you have to go in for a revision, try to discuss it calmly with your surgeon and I would hope that he/she would want to help you. Before going I would try to figure out which side you liked better so that you are only changing one side. It will make the revision more successful. Also don't forget that most women are a little uneven to start with. You might see that on your pre-op photos. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures. I think your implants have settled differently;  this may give the impression that one breast is larger than the other.  I have found that breast implants may change in position for up to one year ( sometimes longer).  It will be in your best interest to give yourself this additional time before judging the final results of the surgery.

If at that point you are still disappointed with the results of surgery I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon again  to calmly communicate your concerns.  Most plastic surgeons try very hard to keep their patients  happy as much as possible.

If you find that there is still a “failure to communicate” then a second opinion may be necessary (and may give you peace of mind).  Keep in mind that absolute symmetry of the  breasts  is very rarely achieved.

+1

WOW! Are you serious? The photos show a very very good result. Yes there are some differences but to re operate might cause more issues. If you are really so unhappy than you might consider fat grafts to the smaller size and correction of the minor differences.