4 Mos After Rhinoplasty (With Graft) to Reduce Hump & Refine the Tip: Is Lump on the Side of my Nose Residual Swelling or Bossa?

I had a significant amount of swelling in the 1st month after surgery. Its been 4 mos now & my nose is better, however, there's a lump on the right side of the tip that makes it look crooked/distorted. The lump is firm, but not hard. Is this residual swelling or have I developed a bossa? My skin is oily & thick. I understand that this could extend the time it takes for swelling to reside, but I find it odd that so much swelling would be focused in one area & not anywhere else. Thank you!

+1

Based upon your description and photos there are a couple of possibilities, but I would follow with your surgeon.

Bump on nasal tip

+1

A bump on the nasal tip could represent the native cartilage or a tip graft. Without having performed your surgery, it is difficult to say.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

The bump on the side of the nose is the lateral crus of the lower lateral cartilage which is bowed out relative to the opposite side. Of course, you also might have a graft, or something else within as we cannot examine of review your operative note. All will suggest you wait until full healing. Whatever you call it, or causes it, will have to be revised if it does not go away and continues to bother you.