5 Months Post Breast Implants and Left Breast is Still High - Revision Needed?

Implant malposition or nipple malposition? may need a breast lift or implant revision or both.

+2

From your photo it looks like the left implant is a bit high and you likely had some breast asymmetry. You may need a breast implant revision in combination with a breast lift. I would consult with your plastic surgeon.

Implants asymmetric after breast augmentation

+2

It appears that your primary problem, besides a minor asymmetry of the implants, is that the left nipple is lower.  Careful before surgery measurements would demonstrate this problem.   

This will not be corrected by lowering the implant alone, but by making the nipple height more symmetrical.

If the implant is moved to a position where the nipples appear symmetric, this may cause the breasts to look different in clothing.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast implant revision

+1

I would say the left implant looks slightly high, but the nipple on that side is probably naturally lower than the right . Moving the implant lower would make the nipple seem slightly higher or you could do a circumareolar lift to elevate the areola although you might not want the scar that is involved with that. Implants can definitely shift with time so if you aren't too displeased with them you could wait several months and see what they look like then.

David E. Kim, MD

Assymetry after breast enlargement?

+1

Yes you are assymetric and likely will nee an operation to lower your left implant.   Timing is variable and usually not before 6 months.  It would be nice to see pre op photos.  Are you the same size.  The lowering of the left is very easy.   Good luck

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1

It appears that you have a mild asymmetry of your breasts.  At 5 months you are likely not changing much.  You may be ready to have a revision where the implant capsule is release on the bottom to allow the implant to descend just a very little bit.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

5 months post-op breast augmentation and one implant is still too high--what to do?

+1

At 5 months post-op, there is not a high likelihood of enough change with additional passage of time to eliminate the need for re-operation to lower your breast pocket slightly. Although your nipple-areola complexes are asymmetrically-placed (as are virtually every woman's), they are not significantly different enough to warrant a visible scar around the areola to "lift" the areola slightly. Rather, I would suggest an inferior capsulotomy to lower the pocket slightly, decreasing the fullness in the subclavicular area on that side, and more accurately matching implant position to the other side.

This is a straightforward surgery that can be performed under local anesthesia or local with sedation in many cases, though of course, this is something you and your surgeon can discuss in detail. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Too high implant

+1

I agree with everyone here that at this point only revision surgery will fix the too high implant.  I would see your original plastic surgeon and discuss this with him or her.  Good luck

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

There is definite asymmetry as most breasts do have.  It will likely not change singificantly over the  next few months. It looks like the left needs an areola lift and/or implant position adjusment.

Revision breast augmentation is usually successful.

+1

Hi.

I would wait another two months, and then you will need a revision breast argumentation.  You can expect real improvement.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

If the degree of asymmetry which you have is bothersome to you, you will need an operation to correct it, since it is very unlikely that your implant is going to move 5 months post-op.  The other consideration, however, is the degree of your asymmetry which is less than many women have who have never had surgery.

John Whitt, MD