7 Mos. After Bilateral DIEP Flap, my Abdomen Continues to by Puffy/swollen, What Can I Do? (photo)

7 mos. after bilateral DIEP flap reconstruction, my abdomen continues to be puffy/swollen when I get up in the morning sometimes, after pilates, housework, walking, on my feet much of the day, and at the end of the day. Is this normal? is there anything I should/can do? My PS seems more focused on the results of the breasts!

Breast reconstruction

+1
I have seen improvement over several months with core strengthening exercises.  You can also adjust your diet to address bloating.  Spanks can provide more support as well.

Post DIEP flap abdominal swelling

+1
This can happen after a bilateral DIEP flap for up to a year, especially after exercise or at the end of the day like you described. I would recommend massaging the area and waiting as it should improve with time. The photos show an excellent result. Congratulations!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

7 Mos. After Bilateral DIEP Flap, my Abdomen Continues to by Puffy/swollen, What Can I Do?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Your abdominal result is excellent and these residual swellings are common. Be happy with this great result.