Is it normal to have swelling on the upper eyelids a week after eye bag removal? (lower blepharoplasty)

I recently got lower blepharoplasty done and a week into it I look at my eyes and they seem different. The woman who took off my stitches said that I still have swelling and that it will go away over the weeks, but for some reason I feel like my eyes have completely changed, they don't look like mine, or is it the swelling and I should wait? I just had my eye bags done but would that cause swelling on my upper eyelids as well? It feels tight still when I blink.

Swelling is to be expected one week after eyelid surgery.

+1
Swelling will week after eyelid surgery is completely expected and may be of varying amounts. If you have concerns about your eyes in particular you should discuss this with your own surgeon.

One week post up eyelid surgery

+1
At one week post-op you should still have significant swelling and possibly bruising.  This is quite variable.  The swelling from the lower lid will often move into the upper as well.  You will notice a change in the shape of the eye at this point, but as time goes on it should look more normal.  If you had a cosmetic surgery done on the lids, I certainly hope that they look a little different than they did before the surgery.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes lower eyelid surgery can cause the upper eyelid to swell.

+1
Here is another secret: Eyelid surgery takes more than 2 weeks to heal.  One or two weeks is not very much time after eyelid surgery.  It can literally take a couple of months or more for most of the swelling to resolve.  It is true that the eyelids do dramatically change in the first few weeks.  It is hard being patient.  Hang in there.