6 Weeks PO, Fever After Walking, Too Much Too Soon?? (Photo)

6 weeks po. 3 days I walked about 6 miles each day. I didn't feel sore. I came home, took a nap and woke up feeling like I was ran over by a Mack truck. I had no energy.I had diahrrea and a fever, I have a fever of 101 and I have not been out of the bed in 2 days as I have no energy. My lower tummy is very sore and feels very heavy. my entire tummy, even down in pubic area is swollen and tender I called my PS and he did call me in some antibiotics and I go see him Mon. Over exertion cause?

6 Weeks PO, Fever

+1

It would be a little unusual to see a wound infection this late, but it is imperative to be seen preferably by your surgeon, otherwise by your primary physician as soon as possible. 

All the best. 

6 Weeks PO, Fever After Walking, Too Much Too Soon??

+1

You need immediate IN PERSON examination!!! Have a blood count drawn, urine checked. Why did you exercise to that amount? 6 MILES each of 3 consecutive days. NOT a very thought out plan. Start your exercise regime S L O W L Y! 

Post- op fever after an abdominoplasty

+1

It is hard to relate your fever to your surgical procedure if it was 6 weeks ago. It would be  uncommon for any form of exercise to cause post operative fever.  With the symptoms that you have it is possible that your condition is viral.  In any event you should be examined by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to narrow down the possible causes.  

Significant fever six weeks after abdominoplasty needs investigation.

+1

A significant fever after an operation may or may not be related to that operation. Nevertheless it is of concern and demands investigation. Overactivity does not cause postoperative fever.

Fever, Diarrhea, Overexertion, Dehydration etc. after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Although your fatigue may be explained by “over activity”, it may also be explained by a systemic problem;  I would be especially concerned about the presence of an infection given the presence of a fever and increased swelling.  Of course, the fever may also be related to the presence of diarrhea.

At this point, I would suggest concentrating on rehydration;  again, given the fever, diarrhea, fluid accumulation, level of activity etc it is very likely that you are dehydrated. Make sure you have someone around you  and seek earlier medical attention as needed.  Frankly, the fact that you have no energy to get out of bed, is very concerning to me.  If you are not able to get ahead of the fluid “resuscitation” problem, you meet may be best off seeking medical attention and intravenous rehydration.

You may want to be evaluated for a seroma

+1

Thank you very much for the question and the photos. The fever and diarrhea may be unrelated to your surgery or exertion.  You may want to be evaluated for a seroma however.  The activity may have allowed one to form.  If this is the case your plastic surgeon will want to drain the seroma to prevent it from becoming a pseudobursa.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD