More Wrinkles After Small Botox Injection Under the Eye

I had botox 8 days ago. I am a frequent user for crows feet. This time I asked if anything can be done for a few tiny fine lines under the eye, so the Dr. injected a little under my eyes. I am now noticing as my crows feet have disappeared, my under eye area is wrinkled and crinkled and appears very "pulled" if that makes sense. I am only 36 and look younger but this has really aged me. What caused this and more importantly will it go away as the botox wears off?

Botox under eyes

+2

If you inject Botox under the eyes, it may affect the function of the muscle which could lead to strange movements.

BOTOX in the lower eyelid can affect function.

+2

The lower eyelid sits where it does because of muscular contraction that helps hold the eyelid in place.  Weakening this muscle may reduce the fine lines in the lower eyelid but it can compromise the position of the lower eyelid.  This changes can cause fullness, pouching, and new unwanted lines under the eyes.  Not all of the changes are aesthetically pleasant.  Under eye fillers with Restylane has proven to be a much better alternative to BOTOX in the lower eyelid.  Your changes will wear off as the BOTOX wears off.  This can take up to 3 or 4 months, sometimes less.

+1

Botox is a neurotoxin that weakens muscles causing unwanted lines and wrinkles.  Weakening muscles can create compensation by other areas of the same or different muscles.  Be careful chasing these wrinkles with more Botox as placing it in the lower eyelid may weaken the lower lid muscle causing the lower eyelid to droop.  Be sure the MD that does your Botox understands and follows the proper aesthteics of facial beauty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

More eye wrinkles after Botox

+1

As the panel members suggested, proper technique, placement, and dosage is also contingent on the patient's muscle contraction and skin laxity.  Dosing under the eyes is tricky and may lead to an unintended result.

We suggest you return to your practitioner so that he/she may properly identify the problem and provide options and feedback.

Considering a "tear trough" treatment using Restylane may be a good option.  Refer to the below link for more on this technique.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/restylaneTreatment.aspx

More Wrinkles after Botox in Lower Eyelid

+1

Botox in the lower eyelid may have caused relaxation of the orbicularis muscle which supports normal lid position. With sagging the lid contour and movement may be different than before injection. Fortunately, this is temporary.