More Veins After Augmentation? (photo)

23, 5'6", 115lbs. I was a small B before my augmentation 6/14/13. I know its soon, and my results are gr8, but I am set on a removal. I miss my old body and I do not need bigger boobs to fix my self esteem. I was did not have this many veins pre-op (photo), but after augmentation I have a lot of noticeable veins. They are much more evident in real life than in this picture I provided, but you can definitely see the vein through my areola. If I explant will my breasts be less veiny like before?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I am sorry you are not happy you seem to have a great result, the veins becoming engorged is common and has to do with the pressure building up behind them closing the valves

Prominent Veins after Augmentation, Thinking of Implant Removal

+1

Veins ofter are more prominent after augmentation, at least initially.  They also appear more prominent because the skin is tight and stretched.  I would really encourage you not to make any decision about removal for 6-12 months.  You do look great.  The changes are a bit shocking at first (even though you wanted the surgery).  But the veins should settle.  Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Or prominent veins after breast augmentation will only be temporary.

+1

Breast augmentation temporarily change the physiology of the skin over the breast. This is due to swelling which may temporarily alter blood flow dynamic. As the swelling subsides the problem will resolve.

Superficial veins more noticeable after a breast augmentation - it gets better with time

+1

These types of superficial veins of the breast can at times become more noticeable after a breast augmentation because the skin gets stretched tighter. As the skin relaxes the veins will improve.  

More Veins After Augmentation?

+1

Hello 

It is not uncommon to get more prominent veins post breast augmentation and this is mainly due to the fact that the breast tissue and pocket has been immediately expanded with an implant.  The veins will settle down in several months as the breast  envelope expands and settles.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Vein size after breast augmentation

+1

The increase in vein size you are seeing two weeks after breast augmentation will often resolve with time.  Best of luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Veins after implants

+1

Veins can be quite prominent after a breast augmentation. This usually gets better as the swelling subsides.

Less veiny....

+1

hi,  loved the Word you used to described the small veines at your breast area.   i think youre result its very good.  sometimes we dont notice something on our body till you do something to it.   youll be fine. implants normally expand the tissue and sometimes its more noticeable for a while.  

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

More Veins After Augmentation?

+1

Dear theoldeme2,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Everyone is of course, their own worst critic.  You seem to have lovely breasts and I would hate to do an explant on you.  It is quite likely that you will not be less 'veiny' after the explant, and it is quite likely that you will have a less perky look than before after explant.  I suggest you stay the way you are.  You are a beautiful girl.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon