More Than 4 Months Post Rhinoplasty. Recently Noticed a Pink Mass in One of my Nostrils Stifling Breathing. Insight Needed?

I've been having trouble breathing out of my left nostril, so I finally shined a flashlight down it to inspect. This is the first time I've ever looked in my nostrils, so I'm not sure what's normal for me, but I apparently have a reasonably large pink mass in my left nostril that I believe is causing the breathing blockage. There are no masses present in the right nostril, which has been behaving perfectly. I want to believe it's temporary internal swelling, but it's been 4 months. Help?

Nasal airway obstruction

+1

You may be seeing a polyp, an enlarged turbinate or a pyogenic granuloma or deviated septum.  An evaluation is needed to determine the problem.

Post op rhinoplasty with breathing problems and a mass

+1

The mass could be a enlarged turbinate which is a normal structure in the nose. But see your surgeon so that he can examine you and make a diagnosis.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon